The Clubhouse App has grown by leaps and bounds over the last few months and interior designers are flocking to this platform for various reasons. Whether networking, learning new things, or growing their personal brand, Clubhouse has ways to help interior designers. Below we get into three quick ways to make the Clubhouse app work for interior designers and home remodelers.
1. Develop a Professional + Connected Profile
- Use a Professional Profile that is geared toward your goal connections.
- If you are a graphic designer make sure it lends to your skill and creativity.
- Create your profile so it is clean and memorable.
- Stay consistent with what you are saying across multiple platforms not just Clubhouse, but how your messaging relates to other social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) and your website.
- Have a clear CTA (Call to Action) and what you want people to do along with your contact information
2. Activity Engage in the App
- Follow people in your space & influencers you want to connect with (design influencers, photographers, other interior designers, manufacturers, marketers, etc.).
- Start out by joining different rooms of interest and listen/learn.
- When you are ready and feel comfortable go to the stage and offer value to those in the room to share your knowledge, which helps build your credibility.
- We get the most return from networking by serving, lifting others up, encouraging and sharing tidbits of knowledge that are unique to your experience, success and even failures.
- Connect with people offline to develop real relationships.
3. Build Credibility
- Open up and talk in groups you’ve been listening in especially ones you frequent. They’ll begin to recognize your photo, style of communication and even your voice. Eventually some of those connections will begin to look for your presence and call upon you if they believe you have value to add to particular conversations and invite you to cohost rooms. Don’t be afraid to ask to cohost, but don’t be pushy.
- Host a Room (once you understand the app and are comfortable) or even co-host a room with others in your space or allied fields (local real estate agents, showrooms, manufacturers, creators, etc.).
- Start a club when you are eligible and be sure of your club’s purpose.
- Invite those you’ve met on your clubhouse path into your club.
- Build a following through offering value, education and support to others.
- Focus on a service mindset and your organic growth and monetization will follow.
These 3 tips (written by Jamie Shehan, Director of Business Development), will help you better utilize the Clubhouse app as an interior designer or home remodeler. We went into further detail in an article on the same topic, clicking here to learn more. For more information check out our Resource Library for additional resources and marketing tips. If you want to speak with one of our experts contact us or schedule a strategy session so we can better understand you business and show you how we can help grow your business and your brand.